Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2009/11/20 02:38:26 UTC

seeking review on plan/work for MRM-1025

Hi,

I have again picked up the task of removing the requirement of the database from Archiva (seeking to push it over to either an optional add-on, or replace it with an alternative). We use very little of the data in there for core functionality at the moment.

The main reasoning is to clean up the architecture though and remove a certain classification of bugs that we get on a regular basis.

I'd like to make sure the work I'm doing is reviewed though, even though it's on a branch. If you get time to review the code, please do. Short of that, please sanity check the current plan: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1025

If you have any questions, comments, or would like to help, just shout!

- Brett

Re: seeking review on plan/work for MRM-1025

Posted by Deng Ching <oc...@apache.org>.
Hehe thanks!

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
We need the animal sniffer :)

Posted by Deng Ching <oc...@apache.org>.
Hi Brett,

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
In addition, this is the content model I was thinking of: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/archiva/branches/MRM-1025/archiva-modules/metadata/content-model.txt (represented as a tree structure, and can be rendered in XML, json, etc.)