Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Dan Silver <ds...@portera.com> on 2002/03/20 20:24:41 UTC

MessageContext method parameter

Hi everyone -

In Axis alpha 3 I saw the following code in RPCProvider.processMessage():

// if the method wasn't found, try again with msgContext as an
//   additional, initial argument...
if ( method == null ) {
	args.add( 0, msgContext );
	method = getMethod(jc, mName, args);
}

but in beta1 this appears to have been removed. RPCProvider.invokeMethod()
takes a MessageContext as a parameter but doesn't actually do
anything with it.  In the to-do list I also saw:

X <Glen> Remove search-for-first-MessageContext-arg code

so was this intentionally removed?  And if so, is there any way
for me to grab the MessageContext from within the class that's
instantiated to service the request, or is the preferred method
to write my own handler, or ?

Thx in advance,

- Dan Silver