Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Yves Langisch <yv...@langisch.ch> on 2012/01/23 23:50:30 UTC

early memstore flushings

Hi,

I'm currently looking through all the metrics hbase provides and I don't understand the memstore flushing behavior I see. I thought the memstore is not flushed until it reaches the maximum memstore size plus the flush size. In my case this would be 1.6GB+128MB. But I see the following graph:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/395716/memstore.gif

What's the reason for such early flushes?

-
Yves

Re: early memstore flushings

Posted by Mikael Sitruk <mi...@gmail.com>.
Your memstore may be flushed also in case the number of HLog reach its
maximum, in this case your memstore may not reach the max size allocated
for it.

Mikael.S

--
Mikael.S