Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by "Sloan, John L (John)" <js...@avaya.com> on 2006/04/19 20:25:38 UTC

Dynamic Endpoints vs. AbstractServiceEndpoint

I've been toying with dynamic endpoints [ "JBI 1.0",
5.4.4 and elsewhere ]. It looks like Broker.resolveAddress()
requires that dynamic endpoints be an instanceof the
ServiceMix-specific AbstractServiceEndpoint, and not an
instanceof ExternalEndpoint. The latter jives with my
understanding of 5.4.4, but Listing 2 of 5.4.4
would certainly lead me to believe that a JBI ESB
should be able to route with dynamic endpoints that
implement ServiceEndpoint. However, I've been confused
in the past, and am sure to be confused again in the
future, so it's likely I'm confused now.

Any insight?

--
John Sloan           |  email jsloan@avaya.com
Avaya Inc.           |  voice  +1 303 538 2746

Re: Dynamic Endpoints vs. AbstractServiceEndpoint

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
To use dynamic endpoints, your component has to first resolve an
endpoint reference using an EPR fragment.
    ServiceEndpoint se = context.resolveEndpointReference(epr);
This internally creates an o.a.s.jbi.servicedesc.DynamicEndpoint class.
You can use this endpoint as a target for a JBI exchange.
   exchange.setEndpoint(se);
ServiceMix accepts such endpoints as targets and will route your
exchange to the resolved endpoint.  Such resolution will be performed
by calling the resolveEndpointReference of installed components (see
o.a.s.jbi.framework.Registry#resolveEndpointReference).

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet