Posted to users@allura.apache.org by Robert <ro...@mailueberfall.de> on 2014/06/02 19:39:10 UTC

How to make intra-Wiki links that do not show up with squared brackets?

Hi,

I am new to Apache Allura Wiki. I know the MediaWiki syntax very well
and I have read the syntax documentation
https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/wiki/markdown_syntax

However the documentation about links to other Wiki pages within the
same Wiki just shows the markup syntax but contains no examples how the
result will look in the Wiki page.

When ever I create a link to a Wiki page like [MyWikiPage] in my Wiki on
Sourceforge.net the link is created but the display text is identical to
the code!
In detail the Wiki code "[MyWikiPage]" is rendered in HTML as

<a class="alink notfound" href="../MyWikiPage">[MyWikiPage]</a>

As you can see the squared brackets are still visible in the HTML page
which is ugly and disturbing. If that can't be changed the
Allure/Sourceforge.net Wiki is useless to me...

Robert

Re: How to make intra-Wiki links that do not show up with squared brackets?

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
The square brackets are default because they are a common theme throughout
allura.  For example, tickets can be referenced like [#123] or commit revisions
like [r47] or [ff9cb3e], and more.

If you want to make your wiki links not include the brackets, you can do
something like this:

[MyWikiPage](MyWikiPage)

Hope that helps.

--