Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Tarun Garg <ta...@induslogic.com> on 2001/06/27 12:08:02 UTC

TcpTunnelGui.

Can I use TcpTunnelgui to tunnel my soap requests to some host other than
the localhost ?
I tried to tunnel the requests to the ibm uddi test registry site and get
the following error.
What am I doing wrong ?

C:\apache\soap\soap-2_2>java org.apache.soap.util.net.TcpTunnelGui 8070
http://www-3.ibm.com/services/uddi/testregistry/inquiryapi 80
java.net.UnknownHostException:
http://www-3.ibm.com/services/uddi/testregistry/inquiryapi
        at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:571)
        at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:540)
        at java.net.InetAddress.getByName(InetAddress.java:449)
        at
org.apache.soap.util.net.TcpTunnelGui$3.run(TcpTunnelGui.java:198)

Re: TcpTunnelGui.

Posted by "Gopinath M.R." <mr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
	When you are using TcpTunnelGui, the format is
		<localHostPortNumber>  <RemoteHostAddress> <RemoteHostPortNumber>

The second parameter has to be only remote host IP address and not
complete URL,
I guess the following command should work.
java org.apache.soap.util.net.TcpTunnelGui 8070 www-3.ibm.com 80

The relative URL part ("services/uddi/testregistry/inquiryapi") goes as
part of POST header information.

Hope it helps...
regards,
Gopinath M.R.
Sr.Product Engineer,
Aztec software,
Bangalore, INDIA

Re: TcpTunnelGui.

Posted by "Gopinath M.R." <mr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Re: TcpTunnelGui.

Posted by oh <wa...@sm.sony.co.jp>.
If you are behind a socks server, and start the TcpTunnelGui from the
sockscap,
you can access the server located outside.
(I am using this way for debugging in my  project now)

good luck,

Huimin Wang
Globus, Inc Japan

Posted by graham glass <gr...@mindspring.com>.
some folks have exposed ejbs on a server using GLUE by
wrapping them and then exposing them as soap objects.

GLUE 3.1, due out next week, can expose EJBs automatically
without you having to write any code.

cheers,
graham

Is anybody aware of any examples of ejbs as web services on the GLUE soap
implementation?

Thanks
Yash

RE: Installing ejbs on glue

Installing ejbs on glue

Installing ejbs on glue

Re: TcpTunnelGui.

Re: TcpTunnelGui.

Posted by Tarun Garg <ta...@induslogic.com>.
Yes, I am behind a proxy.
I've tried this other tool you suggested. Even that one doesn't work with a

Re: TcpTunnelGui.

Posted by Tarun Garg <ta...@induslogic.com>.
Yes, I am behind a proxy.

Re: TcpTunnelGui.