Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by "Mykins, Ann" <An...@medic.com> on 2000/05/01 15:40:10 UTC

Ant question - iterative processing

Hi,
I'm attempting to convert our existing makefile to a build.xml for use with
Ant - it is a very slick tool!  Below is a snippet of some processing I need
to do from the build.xml:

  <target name="rmis" depends="packages">
    <rmic base="${CLASSDIR}"
          classname="com.medcmp.rfs.RemoteFileImpl"/>
    <rmic base="${CLASSDIR}"
          classname="com.medcmp.rfs.RemoteOutputStreamImpl"/>
    <rmic base="${CLASSDIR}"
          classname="com.medcmp.rfs.RemoteInputStreamImpl"/>
    <rmic base="${CLASSDIR}"
          classname="com.medcmp.rfs.RemoteFileSystemImpl"/>
    <rmic base="${CLASSDIR}"
          classname="com.medcmp.rfs.RemoteFileSystemServerImpl"/>
    <rmic base="${CLASSDIR}"
          classname="com.medcmp.rexec.RemoteProcessImpl"/>
    <rmic base="${CLASSDIR}"
          classname="com.medcmp.rexec.RemoteRuntimeImpl"/>
    <rmic base="${CLASSDIR}"
          classname="com.medcmp.rexec.RemoteRuntimeServerImpl"/>
    <rmic base="${CLASSDIR}"
          classname="com.medcmp.util.SharedPropertiesImpl"/>
  </target>

This seems awfully repetitive - is there a nice way of using a directory
tree and pattern to basically do an rmic on anything that ends in
"Impl.java"?
Thanks,
Ann Mykins
Ann.Mykins@medic.com