Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Muthu <mu...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/01 13:26:16 UTC

Decreasing the stack size in JMeter

Hi,

Please let me know - how to decrease the stack size in JMeter, not able to
find anything related in the properties file.

Thank you,
Muthu.

Re: Decreasing the stack size in JMeter

Posted by Mike Brunt <go...@gmail.com>.
Typically to reduce stack (thread) size you use the -Xss modifier; I have
not done that with JMeter though.

--
Kind Regards - Mike Brunt
Senior Server Engineer

RE: Decreasing the stack size in JMeter

Posted by John Schulz <jo...@aol.com>.
Muthu,

When you say the stack size are you referring to the Java Heap? Or the
thread stack size? In either case you change that by changing the script you
use to run Jmeter.  Changing the Heap parameters is well documented in the
scripts delivered with Jmeter. If you want to change the thread stack size
that is not documented in the script but you can look it up on the Oracle
(assuming you are using Oracle java) java website.

John