Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net> on 2007/12/01 01:41:03 UTC

CXF classes for debugging/tracing SOAP requests and responses

Hello,

If I wanted to trace the interceptor chains (i.e., debug the code to see
message construction and transmission) for both the SOAP Request and
SOAP Response, from both the perspective of the SOAP Client and the Web
Service, which starting cxf class(es) would be good for that?  I don't
need a list of all the classes involved (I can trace through them), but
am just asking for what the best *starting* classes are for that.

Thanks,
Glen

Re: CXF classes for debugging/tracing SOAP requests and responses

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Without a doubt:  PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept method.

On server side, the incoming message just has the protocol headers and
input stream in it.   That's pretty much it.

On client side, the incoming message just has the list of parameter
objects and some props about the method being invoked and such.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer