Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Linus Brimstedt <li...@brimstedt.se> on 2011/04/08 10:56:03 UTC

Basic Authentication and camel-cxf

Hello,

I'm trying to access a web service (soap 1.1) using camel-cxf. It uses ssl
and basic authentication.

I get 401 (authentication error) so I presume the problem is with my basic
authentication.
The same username/password works fine if i open the specified url in a web
browser.

(From what I understand, it's not a problem using HTTPS as long as the
certificates are not self signed, so I think the error is with my
authentication not working)

I have tried to configure the basic authentication by adding the following
to my my beans.xml

    <http-conf:conduit name="*.http-conduit">
        <http-conf:authorization>
            <security:UserName>username</security:UserName>
            <security:Password>secret</security:Password>
        </http-conf:authorization>
    </http-conf:conduit>

But still, I get the following error in servicemix log:
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 401 for

I just cant figure out what Im missing and Id appreciate if someone could
give me a hint :-)

Thanks in advance
/Linus

Re: Basic Authentication and camel-cxf

Posted by Brimstedt <li...@brimstedt.se>.
Possibly this is because I was trying to access the WDSL using basic auth,
but this is not supported (?).

Removing wdslUrl gave me different errors, which makes me belive I'm
actually calling the remove server, though im not entirely sure yet.

/L