Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Swetad90 <sw...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/22 19:16:34 UTC

Port Range in JDBC Discovery

Hi
We are trying to set up non-interfering cluster group using JDBC Discovery.
We have assigned different table names for each cluster group and they are
not discovering one another.

But all nodes are taking available ports in the VM starting from 47500. Is
there any way we can set a port range for 1 cluster in JDBC Discovery or
local port.

I looked at registerAddresses in TcpDiscoveryJdbcIpFinder. Does this serve
the same purpose as we set multiple addresses with port range in
TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder?

Re: Port Range in JDBC Discovery

Posted by afedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

It's not supported out of box for TcpDiscoveryJdbcIpFinder.
You could extend it and implement your own method similar to
TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder#setAddresses

Kind regards,
Alex.

Posted by Swetad90 <sw...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

Posted by afedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

Regarding hints on the configuring isolated clusters please take a look at
the following
https://apacheignite.readme.io/v2.0/docs/cluster-config#
section-isolated-ignite-clusters-on-same-set-of-machines

TcpDiscoveryJdbcIpFinder#registerAddresses will register the specified
addresses in the underlying DB so that they
will become available for discovery by other nodes that use the same data
source.
To avoid nodes from one cluster being discovered by nodes from other
clusters
you need to route them to different tables. For that, you could pass into
TcpDiscoveryJdbcIpfinder constructor
a custom implementation of JdbcIpFinderDialect that will return a specific
table name.

Kind regards,
Alex.