Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org> on 2017/05/25 11:43:25 UTC

Why is .json preferred over .cgi?

Deploying the new dataflow documentation - better explaining which data
files are dependent on which sources - shows an issue when there are two
www/ files with the same basename.  Try:

  https://whimsy.apache.org/test/dataflow

You should get a pretty page from dataflow.cgi, but instead you get the
raw dataflow.json file.

Is there a config directive for this I'm missing, or is this just a
limitation where we shouldn't have file.json and file.cgi in one place?

Separately, I'm happy to move these files to a better place, perhaps
www/doc if that's the consensus.  I think it would also be better to
find a way to have doc only in one place, and periodically generate
www/public/README.html from dataflow.  I can make the alternate output
easily, but not sure about easiest (lowest impact on server) way to
generate README.html only when the .json data changes.

--

- Shane
  https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/resources

Re: Why is .json preferred over .cgi?

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.
On 05/25/2017 03:31 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:
> I'm traveling so I can't provide a better link but look up mod_speling (yes
> with one L)

Should be mod_negotiation, which is in charge of multiviews negotiation
(multiple docs with the same base name). You can set a preferred order
for the extensions.

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.