Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Dy...@Sun.COM on 2008/08/15 11:01:28 UTC

Re: Is Derby.jar really built using javac?

cowwoc <co...@bbs.darktech.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Can someone please confirm whether derby.jar is really built using javac as
> the website indicates? It seems the latest version might have been built
> using the Eclipse compiler,

Why do you think so?

The jars were built on a machine that does not have eclipse installed,
so I very much doubt that eclipse could have been used. The machine runs
Solaris 10 x86, and as far as I know, eclipse is not even available for that
platform.

The jars were built using the ant commands described on the wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbySnapshotOrRelease?highlight=(Snapshot)|(release)#head-e340693f4c21d10639f13e449b405b8cd128c3f6

--
dt

Re: Is Derby.jar really built using javac?

Posted by Dy...@Sun.COM.
cowwoc <co...@bbs.darktech.org> writes:

> Is there any way for you to find out the exact JDK (vendor, version) used to
> compile derby.jar?

That is available in the release notes. See

http://db.apache.org/derby/releases/release-10.4.1.3.cgi

Look for the "Java 6"/"Compiler" items in the "Build environment" section.

The vendor is Sun Microsystems.

--
dt

Re: Is Derby.jar really built using javac?

Posted by cowwoc <co...@bbs.darktech.org>.

Is there any way for you to find out the exact JDK (vendor, version) used to
compile derby.jar? The reason I ask is because of
http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=5124830

Finding the exact compiler will go a long way in resolving this issue.

Thanks,
Gili