Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Jihoon Kim <ji...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/25 15:01:52 UTC

Question regarding Submition of code to the tomahawk Sandbox

Hi, my name is Ji [a.k.a. G] and I was wondering if I
could get some input in how I would be able to contribute
some code to the sandbox of tomahawk?  I have downloaded
the src code from
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/tomahawk/trunk
using the TortoiseSVN and imported the projects into my
workspace of the Eclipse IDE. After running successfully
my sample code here, I was hoping to perform the commit
command, but wasn't sure if that is all I needed to do
and if possible to receive some guidance in all the
changes I should make prior to executing the commit.

The filesystem I wish to create and commit is =>

tomahawk/sandbox/core/src/main/java/org/apache/myfaces/custom/
		selfmanagetable/component/html/ext/

	for SelfManageTableComponent.java

tomahawk/sandbox/core/src/main/java/org/apache/myfaces/custom/
		selfmanagetable/component/html/util/

	for 	DataStructure.java
		TableStructure.java

tomahawk/sandbox/core/src/main/java/org/apache/myfaces/custom/
		selfmanagetable/component/html/exception/

                for            	ListExistsException.java
		UnsupportedDisplayException.java
		UnsupportedTypeException.java

tomahawk/sandbox/core/src/main/java/org/apache/myfaces/custom/
		selfmanagetable/renderkit/html/ext/

	for	SelfManageTableRenderer.java

tomahawk/sandbox/core/src/main/java/org/apache/myfaces/custom/
		selfmanagetable/taglib/html/ext/

	for	SelfManageRowTag.java
		SelfManageSortTag.java
		SelfManageTDTag.java
		SelfManageSortDataTag.java
		SelfManageTableTag.java

For JS =>

tomahawk/sandbox/core/src/main/resources/org/apache/myfaces/custom/
		selfmanagetable/js/

	for	BrowserCompatibility.js
		TableStructure.js
		DataStructure.js
		Util.js

Modification of faces-config in the filesystem =>

	tomahawk/sandbox/core/src/main/resources-facesconfig/META-INF

Modification of myfaces_sandbox.td in the filesystem =>

	tomahawk/sandbox/core/src/main/tld

And was hoping to have a couple of JSPs for examples in the
	filesystem =>

	tomahawk/sandbox/examples/target/tomahawk-sandbox-examples

	for	SelfManageTableJSP.jsp

Also, is anyone able to perform a commit to the repository or do
I require an ID that has to be included in a group that can perform
the commit? [The above listing does not depict the full amount of
JAVA + JS code as I am thinking to add additional functionalities
for making it a better stuff =I  {i.e. sort, and etceteras}]

ThanK YoU VERY much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =O [as always G out]

Re: Question regarding Submition of code to the tomahawk Sandbox

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
You don't gain automatic committership to the ASF - you have to earn
that first, through a merit process. What you can do is you can create
a jira-issue, and attach your changes as a patch there.

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at