Posted to dev@tamaya.apache.org by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org> on 2018/11/28 20:13:57 UTC

Pitest failures in Extensions

Hi guys,

the current pitest-failures in extensions fail (even with the most
current pitest version 1.4.3), e.g.
https://builds.apache.org/job/Tamaya-Extensions-Master-with-Coverage/1015/display/redirect?page=changes

Any help is appreciated ....

Cheers
Phil

Re: Pitest failures in Extensions

Posted by William Lieurance <wi...@namikoda.com>.
It sure does.  I've got 2 PRs that address that:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-tamaya/pull/28 is the one you should merge first.  It fixes an NPE thrown if EnumConverter hits a null value.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-tamaya-extensions/pull/19 is the fix for the error you see in pitest.  Spring Boot changed its Assert API in https://jira.spring.io/browse/SPR-15196 and broke a bunch of builds, including ours.  I'm not sure why pitest only just now picked up on that, but I expect it has to do with fixes we made to the injection and features extensions that uncovered that error.  Fixing that error is what pointed me at the EnumConverter NPE too.

Let me know what you think.
--William