Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Günther, Rene - Innflow AG" <re...@innflow.com> on 2009/11/13 13:04:21 UTC

FYI: Tomahawk Popup + IE 6/7: can not open site issue

On IE 6/7 we encountered a problem with the tomahawk popup component. That
issue is probably related to

I found 2 posts related to that problem in the mailing list:
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@myfaces.apache.org/msg37411.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@myfaces.apache.org/msg52120.html

For us that issue comes up when the user points the mouse pointer over a
popup component before the page finished loading.
The following workaround worked for us. It is not a real fix since we had to
add JavaScript code in our JSF files which are not part of the tomahawk
library. And it might have side effects.

1. Added the following code at the top of the JSF page which uses the popup
component

<script type="text/javascript">
	loaded =false;

	function setLoaded() {
		loaded = true;
	}
</script>

2.  Body onload attribute:
onload="setLoaded();

3. Modified JSPopup.js from the library, so that the following function is
only called after page loaded:

function orgApacheMyfacesPopupDisplay(ev) {
if (loaded != null && loaded) {
}
}

To reproduce just put the popup component around a command button. Maybe a
complex form is needed or the page is loaded too quick.

If there is already a better solution or if that issue is not reproducible
please let me know.

Cheers
Rene