Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2024/04/02 14:04:55 UTC

Re: unable to set compression, compressionMinSize and compressableMinemType attributes in UpgradeProtocol element

On 02/04/2024 14:53, Rick Noel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What am I missing here?

You haven't provided information on the Tomcat version you are using.
I'm assuming 10.1.x.

https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-10.1-doc/config/http2.html

Search for compressionMinSize.

> I get warnings that the compression related attributes of compression, compressionMinSize and compressableMinemType are not being set.

<snip/>

> I have also tried moving of compression, compressionMinSize and compressableMinemType to the Connector element with same results

That seems ... unlikely. Please provide the Connector configuration and
the error message.

> BTW, I am supposed to get improved speed by using the  UpgradeProtcol      Correct?

It depends. YMMV.

Mark

Re: [EXT]Re: unable to set compression, compressionMinSize and compressableMinemType attributes in UpgradeProtocol element

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 02/04/2024 15:41, Rick Noel wrote:
> Mark you were correct. I, needed to move those attributes to the Connection element.
> Plus on top of that I had this misspelled attribute  compressableMinemType    should be compressibleMimeType
>
> In your opinion, should we use the Upgrade UpgradeProtcol protocol?

It depends. h2 is more performant in some circumstances. Best to test
and find out.

> I mean does not the semantics of its name imply it is better?

I'm afraid not. It is just the name of the process (HTTP upgrade) use to
transition from HTTP/1.1 to h2c.

Mark