Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Castyn <er...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/08 21:31:43 UTC

JMS Header Issue

After a lot of testing I have determined the cause of an issue I am having
when using 2 different activeMQ JMS endpoints in the same route.  Apparently
after the first JMS queue is used, the message back will have a bunch of
headers set such as JMSCorrelationId, messageId, JMSMessageId, etc.

Now it seems that when the second JMS queue is called the values on the
exchange for these headers is used  which invariably causes message
collisions.

My question is, is there a way to remove headers, or with regards to
multiple JMS queues to ensure the correlation and message IDs are always
originated with respect to the proper queue and message?

Re: JMS Header Issue

Posted by Castyn <er...@gmail.com>.
Upon further investigation it seems to not be that simple.  The basis of the
route is as follows:

Send request to JMS Queue A -> Splitter on Response -> For each split, JMS
Queue B

So it seems that after A is evaluated, if you reset the JMS headers
servicemix will start throwing null pointer exceptions.

I don't have enough understanding of the activeMQ endpoint lifecycle to
really troubleshoot this much more, so any insight or ideas would be
helpful.

I have tested and if I remove Queue A and instead mimic it's behavior witha
static message that gets split, there are no collisions and the JMS Ids do
not remain static as they do when Queue A is in scope.