Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org> on 2017/02/21 07:28:42 UTC

LEGAL-289

Hi!

it has been almost two weeks since the last actionable
comment on LEGAL-289. I'd like to find out what's the
current status. I also would like to either re-open it or
create a new one so we can resolve this matter in
a responsible manner.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: LEGAL-289

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 4:31 PM Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 12:51 PM, William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
> wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 12:59 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
> wrote:
> >>>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-289?focusedCommentId=15858441&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-15858441

> >> Ah! That makes sense.

> and
> but
> easy to
> >>
> >> What's the process for this? Do we need to wait for a new VP Legal to be
> >> appointed? From where I stand, Roy's comment (as usual) is the answer:
> >>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-289?focusedCommentId=15858365&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-15858365
> >>
> >> But at the same time I also respect Jim's opinion and others who chimed
> in.
> >> I also, obviously, have my own opinion (stated on a JIRA).
> >>
> >> Obviously some of this opinions are in conflict. How do we arrive at a
> >> resolution?
> >
> > What is in conflict?
> >
> > "Jim Jagielski added a comment - 08/Feb/17 19:34
> >
> > Whatever. Approve it. Move it to catA.
> > this is my last decision as VP Legal."
> >
> > Did you need him to repeat himself?
>
> No -- I'm really happy with this decision. Unless I hear otherwise in
> the next 72 hours
> I'll move it to CatA.

I have no qualms with the license.

Re: LEGAL-289

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Re: LEGAL-289

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Re: LEGAL-289

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Re: LEGAL-289

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
-
however it was marked as won't fix, so..

I added the comment about checking on the license status after it was
closed.  I have not received a response, however I also figured it would be
unlikely that I get a response.

Reading through the license, I think we should start over on analysis, and
come up with something.  I agree with the initial notes about BSD-ish, but
as mentioned its seemingly written in layman's terms so its not that easy
to confirm.

my 0.005

John