Posted to users@flex.apache.org by bilbosax <wa...@comcast.net> on 2021/05/19 21:31:26 UTC

Mouse Wheel and Scroll Bars on Mac

I have a desktop AIR app using AIR 33.1.1.406. Everything is running great on
Windows, but I have run into a problem with the mouse wheel using the
Scroller component on Mac. I have tried setting the verticalScrollPolicy to
"on" and "auto", but neither option forces the scrollbar to display, and the
problem is that the mouse wheel only scrolls the content while the scrollbar
is visible. So I can manually drag the content with the mouse, this makes
the scrollbar appear, and then I can use the mouse wheel to scroll content
for about 1 second until the scrollbar fades away. Once the scrollbar
disappears, the mousewheel does not move the content. Why won't the
scrollbar stay visible on Mac???

<s:Scroller id="optionScroller" horizontalScrollPolicy="off"
verticalScrollPolicy="on">
		<s:Group id="middle">
		        [Content]
		</s:Group>
</s:Scroller>

Re: Mouse Wheel and Scroll Bars on Mac

Posted by bilbosax <wa...@comcast.net>.
Just in case anybody else reads this, I thought I would post the solution.
If you create an AIR desktop app, but you include a single instance of a
MobileSkin to skin an element, the entire app will not display as intended
and the scrollbars will not behave correctly on a Mac.  Windows is a little
more forgiving, but only a little. On a Mac, AIR actually will behave like
it is on a mobile device making the scrollbar disappear and applying mobile
skins to components like checkboxes automatically making the app look
differently than designed.

YOU MUST REMOVE ALL MOBILE SKINS!!!