Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Zé Ricardo <ze...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/05 22:44:04 UTC

[axis2] what's the right way to create a axis2 eclipse project to change the ws-addresing module?

Hi, I'm new to axis2 and I want to make some experiments with the
ws-addressing module.

I have just checked out the latest version of axis2 from the svn repository.
Searching on the web, I found out that there's a maven directive to
build the eclipse projects for the modules:

mvn eclipse:eclipse

Then, I imported the "addressing" and "axis2-kernel" projects using
the "Existing projects" eclipse feature.

Previously, I had created an eclipse java project including the whole
axis directory and many things worked (like the "Open Declaration"
feature). Now they're not working.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a documentation for it? I have
searched quite much and could not find much more than I have already
written.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
José Ricardo.

ps: If this is not the right place to make questions like this
(perhaps axis2-users), please tell me.

Re: [axis2] what's the right way to create a axis2 eclipse project to change the ws-addresing module?

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
José,

Actually, for the addressing module, mvn eclipse:eclipse fails to
create the .classpath file, and the .project file is basically empty
(no natures and no builders). This explains why Eclipse doesn't
consider the project as a Java project. I solved a similar problem
with xar projects in Synapse (which are similar to mar projects). I
will have a look and see if I can fix the mar plugin too.

Andreas

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
José,

For the status of the solution for this problem, please have a look here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4183

Regards,