Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Thomas Zastrow <po...@thomas-zastrow.de> on 2014/08/30 14:34:11 UTC

Depricated methods in documentation

Dear all,

I'm fairly new to Jackrabbit and tried to find my way through the
documentation. On the page about Node Types
(http://jackrabbit.apache.org/node-types.html), there is example code
which utilizes

org.apache.jackrabbit.api.JackrabbitNodeTypeManager

But that class seems to be marked as deprecated? Is there any newer
documentation?

Thanks and best wishes,

Tom

--
Dr. Thomas Zastrow
Riemerfeldring 7a

85748 Garching bei München
www.thomas-zastrow.de

Re: Depricated methods in documentation

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
On 2014-08-30 14:34, Thomas Zastrow wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm fairly new to Jackrabbit and tried to find my way through the
> documentation. On the page about Node Types
> (http://jackrabbit.apache.org/node-types.html), there is example code
> which utilizes
>
> org.apache.jackrabbit.api.JackrabbitNodeTypeManager
>
> But that class seems to be marked as deprecated? Is there any newer
> documentation?
>
> Thanks and best wishes,
>
> Tom

OTOH that was Jackrabbit-specific.

JCR2 has additional node type management capabilities, have a look at
<http://www.day.com/maven/jcr/2.0/19_Node_Type_Management.html>.

Best regards, Julian