Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by Dmitri Chebotarov <dc...@gmu.edu> on 2013/06/21 15:27:44 UTC

Re: Process that creates/updates image stops sshd from starting

Hi

FYI, I found what was causing the problem:

Few folders under /usr/local/vcl/tools/Windows are empty and when I setup local GIT for VCL it didn't copy those empty folders, excluding "Logs" sub-folder. The content of /usr/local/vcl/tools/Windows/ folder is copied over to computer when image is captured. Capture failed b/c "Logs" folder wasn't there.
Everything is back to normal after I created /usr/local/vcl/tools/Windows/Logs. There is no need to change Windows.pm code.

Thanks.

On May 23, 2013, at 8:48 , Aaron Peeler <fa...@ncsu.edu> wrote:

> Thanks for pointing this out.
>
> Is there a jira issue on this one? If a fix isn't already in trunk, we
> definitely want to get it in for the next release.
>
> Aaron
>
> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 3:59 PM, Curtis <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Dmitri Chebotarov <dc...@gmu.edu>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Curtis
>>>
>>> I just experienced that same issue - after Win7 image was updated, it
>>> couldn't be loaded during reservation. SSH task never started during
>>> reservation request.
>>>
>>> Image capture sequence sets SSH task to start manually.
>>> The SSH task then started (and set to Auto) by post_load.cmd script, which
>>> runs after image is loaded.
>>> In my case the script failed to start - root's autologin sequence goes OK
>>> and nothing happens after that (I see root's desktop when connecting via
>>> virt-manager).
>>>
>>> The script starts from registry key
>>> HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\post_load.cmd as
>>> C:\Cygwin\home\root\VCL\Scripts\post_load.cmd  >>
>>> C:\Cygwin\home\root\VCL\Logs\post_load.log.
>>> The capture sequence create the entry, and entry is deleted by
>>> post_load.cmd script when it runs, so you won't see it if reservation is
>>> successful.
>>>
>>> For some reason Logs folder under C:\Cygwin\home\root\VCL\ was missing and
>>> post_load.cmd failed to start.
>>> I've updated the code in Windows.pm to create the Logs folder during the
>>> capture and it seems to be working OK now.
>>

>> OK good to know. I just commented out the code that sets sshd to manual,
>> your fix is better. :)
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Curtis.
>>

>>> --
>>> Thank you,
>>>
>>> Dmitri Chebotarov
>>> VCL Sys Eng, Engineering & Architectural Support, TSD - Ent Servers &
>>> Messaging
>>> 223 Aquia Building, Ffx, MSN: 1B5