Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Xavier Vanderstukken <xv...@ionicsoft.com> on 2005/12/27 20:06:20 UTC

[Application pattern] Advice

I need your help to design my web application using struts and hibernate.
I have several classes to save/delete/update (like user, category,
project,...).

I dont know what is the best pattern to use :
- 1action per object and all the operations(save,update,delete) in the
same action
- only one action for all the objects and all the operations
- one action per operation (number of object * number of operation -->
lot of actions, mapping and forms)
- another pattern

Thanks for your advices

[Application pattern] Advice

Posted by "Sakalareddy.T" <sa...@spanservices.com>.
Hi Aldo Vadillo Batista,
     In my application for CRUD operations we have taken DispatchAction,  in
this action all required operations can do at one location  and you need to
take only one object.  Easy to operate it.  If you are design
Internationalization concept better to take LookupDispatchAction,  still if
you have any doubt go through
            http://www.reumann.net/struts/lesson2/step9.do
The above link give you complete solution for all your doubts.

                                  Thanks & Regards
                                  Sakala Reddy.T

For CRUD (create, restore, update, delete) I would use a
DispatchAction for each object.

2005/12/27, Xavier Vanderstukken <xv...@ionicsoft.com>:
> I need your help to design my web application using struts and hibernate.
> I have several classes to save/delete/update (like user, category,
> project,...).
>
> I dont know what is the best pattern to use :
> - 1action per object and all the operations(save,update,delete) in the
> same action
> - only one action for all the objects and all the operations
> - one action per operation (number of object * number of operation -->
> lot of actions, mapping and forms)
> - another pattern
>
> Thanks for your advices

SPAN Systems Corporation, Bangalore.
"Steering Progress. Together"

This email message and any attachments is confidential and intended only for the use of an individual or entity named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by return email or itsupport@spanservices.com and destroy the original message. Opinions, conclusions, and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of SPAN, shall be understood to be neither given nor endorsed by SPAN.

Re: [Application pattern] Advice

Posted by Aldo Vadillo Batista <al...@gmail.com>.