Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Damir Dezeljin <pr...@nib.si> on 2002/12/30 13:28:19 UTC

Web XML output question

Hi.

Sorry for bothering you with questions that should be easy to solve, but I
didn't find any reference on the web so:

I set up a SVN repository on my Debian Woody box (using SVN, Apache2,...
form unstable). Now I want to set up a fancy web view of the repository
HEAD just line the XML view on http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn-xml/ . I
searched this site and find an xslt script and a css stype sheet (I'm not
shure I need this), but I can't figure out how to put this to work in my
apache2 config (I'm reading the Apache docs, but I don't find any usefull
thing ;) ). Can someone give me a hint (hehe ... maybe a copy/paste of
svn.collab.net apache config ;)

Another question is:
Is there any APT site for getting Debian Woody SVN version?

10x a lot,
Dezo

Re: Web XML output question

Posted by Colin Watson <cj...@debian.org>.
On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 06:30:05PM +0100, Damir Dezeljin wrote:
> Which version is needed? I compiled SWIG-1.3.17 manualy

I am working with the current version of swig1.3 in unstable, i.e.
1.3.17-1. (The whole repository uses only backported Debian packages.)
The current subversion package in Debian unstable requires at least
1.3.16.

Re: Web XML output question

Posted by Damir Dezeljin <pr...@nib.si>.
> Not in a sufficient version.
Which version is needed? I compiled SWIG-1.3.17 manualy

Regards,
Dezo

Re: Web XML output question

Posted by Colin Watson <cj...@debian.org>.
On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 05:19:42PM +0100, Damir Dezeljin wrote:
> Hi.
>
> > A patch that makes the swig1.3 package build with an installed
> > python2.2-dev despite an older python-dev would probably be enough for
> > me to get python2.2-subversion going.
>
> swig1.3 is part of Woody;

Not in a sufficient version.

Re: Web XML output question

Posted by Damir Dezeljin <pr...@nib.si>.
Hi.

> A patch that makes the swig1.3 package build with an installed
> python2.2-dev despite an older python-dev would probably be enough for
> me to get python2.2-subversion going.
swig1.3 is part of Woody; it also compails without any error on my Woody
machine (I have all packages beside automake1.7 from Woody - automake1.7
is from testing).

Regards,
Dezo

Re: Web XML output question

Posted by Colin Watson <cj...@debian.org>.
On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 03:52:33PM +0100, Damir Dezeljin wrote:
> Hi.
>
> > Python bindings aren't built at the moment because I'm not sure how to
> > deal with the fact that the default /usr/bin/python in woody was 2.1
> > (although python2.2 was available). Suggestions appreciated.
>
> I don't understand where the problem is. Woody (Debian 3.0) r1 has
> Python2.2 . Ok ... the default one is Python 2.2 ... you can just make the
> python binding Python2.2 dependant.

It's really to do with python-dev pointing at 2.1. My python-fu is
sufficiently low that I'm not sure what effect this has; swig1.3 has a
build-dependency on python-dev (>= 2.2), python-dev (<< 2.3).

Re: Web XML output question

Posted by Colin Watson <cj...@debian.org>.
On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 11:07:05AM +0100, Damir Dezeljin wrote:
> Hi.
> > I've been unofficially building the necessary stuff here:
> >   deb http://people.debian.org/~cjwatson/subversion-woody ./
> >
> > It's still on 0.14.5 at the moment; I'm trying to get it upgraded to
> > 0.16.0 right now, so that may be done by the time you look at it.
>
> Thank you - subversion works fine.
>
> Is it posible to access debian sources of those packages (I can't run
> cvs2svn, because there isn't svn python module ... I would like to try to
> compile it myself).

They're all in that directory.

Re: Web XML output question

Posted by Damir Dezeljin <pr...@mbss.org>.
Hi.

Re: Web XML output question

Posted by Damir Dezeljin <pr...@mbss.org>.
Hi.

> I've been unofficially building the necessary stuff here:
>   deb http://people.debian.org/~cjwatson/subversion-woody ./
>
> It's still on 0.14.5 at the moment; I'm trying to get it upgraded to
> 0.16.0 right now, so that may be done by the time you look at it.
Thank you - subversion works fine.

Is it posible to access debian sources of those packages (I can't run
cvs2svn, because there isn't svn python module ... I would like to try to
compile it myself).

10x and regards,
Dezo

Re: Web XML output question