Posted to users@maven.apache.org by nhcoder <an...@hotmail.com> on 2010/03/25 20:50:43 UTC

[WARNING] GWT plugin is configured to detect modules, but none where found (sp)

Hi,

I am taking an existing GWT application and moving it into a maven project.
I created a directory with a pom.xml and a src directory.  When I run mvn
install, I get the error:

[WARNING] GWT plugin is configured to detect modules, but none where found
(sp)

According to the documentation at
http://mojo.codehaus.org/gwt-maven-plugin/user-guide/compiler.html, if I
don't specify a module that the plugin will automagically search for
.gwt.xml files.  Well, there is definitely a file that ends in .gwt.xml in
src/com/mycompany_tech.  My pom is below. Is this a bug with the plugin or
is my POM wrong?  Thanks,

Andy

  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>com.mycompanytechnologies</groupId>
  <artifactId>cpu-console</artifactId>
  <name>CPU Console</name>
  <version>0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>

  <description>CPU Console is ...</description>

  <properties>
    <gwt-version>1.7.0</gwt-version>
  </properties>

  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>com.google.gwt</groupId>
      <artifactId>gwt-servlet</artifactId>
	          <version>${gwt-version}</version>
      <scope>compile</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>com.google.gwt</groupId>
      <artifactId>gwt-user</artifactId>
	          <version>${gwt-version}</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>
    <!-- Test dependencies -->
    <dependency>
      <groupId>junit</groupId>
      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
	  <version>3.8.1</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>

  <build>
    <outputDirectory>war/WEB-INF/classes</outputDirectory>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>gwt-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <configuration>

<runTarget>com.mycompany_tech.client.CPUClassGWT/default.html</runTarget>
        </configuration>
        <executions>
          <execution>

            <goals>
              <goal>compile</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>

</project>

Re: [WARNING] GWT plugin is configured to detect modules, but none where found (sp)

Posted by kristian <m....@web.de>.
have a look at a typical gwt setup in maven:
http://mojo.codehaus.org/gwt-maven-plugin/user-guide/multiproject.html

src/com/mycompany_tech
must be
src/main/java/com/mycompany_tech

regards Kristian

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 1:20 AM, nhcoder <an...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am taking an existing GWT application and moving it into a maven project.
> I created a directory with a pom.xml and a src directory.  When I run mvn
> install, I get the error:
>
> [WARNING] GWT plugin is configured to detect modules, but none where found
> (sp)
>
> According to the documentation at
> http://mojo.codehaus.org/gwt-maven-plugin/user-guide/compiler.html, if I
> don't specify a module that the plugin will automagically search for
> .gwt.xml files.  Well, there is definitely a file that ends in .gwt.xml in
> src/com/mycompany_tech.  My pom is below. Is this a bug with the plugin or
> is my POM wrong?  Thanks,
>
> Andy

>  xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0
>
>  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
>  <groupId>com.mycompanytechnologies</groupId>
>  <artifactId>cpu-console</artifactId>
>  <name>CPU Console</name>
>  <version>0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
>
>  <description>CPU Console is ...</description>
>
>  <properties>
>    <gwt-version>1.7.0</gwt-version>
>    <project.build.sourceEncoding>UTF-8</project.build.sourceEncoding>
>  </properties>
>
>  <dependencies>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>com.google.gwt</groupId>
>      <artifactId>gwt-servlet</artifactId>
>                  <version>${gwt-version}</version>
>      <scope>compile</scope>
>    </dependency>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>com.google.gwt</groupId>
>      <artifactId>gwt-user</artifactId>
>                  <version>${gwt-version}</version>
>      <scope>provided</scope>
>    </dependency>
>    <!-- Test dependencies -->
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>junit</groupId>
>      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
>          <version>3.8.1</version>
>      <scope>test</scope>
>    </dependency>
>  </dependencies>
>
>  <build>
>    <outputDirectory>war/WEB-INF/classes</outputDirectory>
>    <plugins>
>      <plugin>
>        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>        <artifactId>gwt-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>        <configuration>
>
> <runTarget>com.mycompany_tech.client.CPUClassGWT/default.html</runTarget>
>        </configuration>
>        <executions>
>          <execution>
>
>            <goals>
>              <goal>compile</goal>
>            </goals>
>          </execution>
>        </executions>
>      </plugin>
>    </plugins>
>  </build>
>
> </project>

Kristian Meier + Saumya Sharma + Sanuka Meier
Vadakkethu House,
Edayanmula West PO - 689532,
Pathanamthitta District, Kerala, INDIA

tel: +91 468 2319577

protect your privacy while searching the net: www.ixquick.com

             _=_
           q(-_-)p
            '_) (_`
            /__/  \
         _(<_   / )_
      (__\_\_|_/__)

Re: [WARNING] GWT plugin is configured to detect modules, but none where found (sp)

Posted by Jesse Farinacci <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy,

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 3:50 PM, nhcoder <an...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> According to the documentation at
> http://mojo.codehaus.org/gwt-maven-plugin/user-guide/compiler.html, if I
> don't specify a module that the plugin will automagically search for
> .gwt.xml files.  Well, there is definitely a file that ends in .gwt.xml in
> src/com/mycompany_tech.  My pom is below. Is this a bug with the plugin or
> is my POM wrong?  Thanks,
>
> Andy

You should not have '${basedir}/src/com/mycompany_tech'; you probably
want to put your .gwt.xml files into
'${basedir}/src/main/resources/com/mycompany/tech' or some such.

There's also a separate mailing list for the GWT plugin located at
http://groups.google.com/group/codehaus-mojo-gwt-maven-plugin-users --
good luck!

-Jesse