Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Aruna Goli <ar...@covigna.com> on 2003/08/08 19:56:06 UTC

Webdav and mkcol method

Thankyou Martin, I changed the logging level in Domain.xml but I guess
the code does not have any debug messages so did not give me any other
information.

I deployed the following wars
Slide.war
Slide-admin.war
Slide-doc.war
Slide-webdav.war

However it does not seem to recognize the mkcol method, has anyone used
this? I am just trying to run a sample program that comes with slide.
Attaching the program here.

This is the error message

no entries in http://tomcat:tomcat@localhost:7001/slide%2Dwebdav
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not create
http://O
palSystem:opal@localhost:7001/slide%2Dwebdav/out
        at WebdavTest.testWrite(WebdavTest.java:139)
        at WebdavTest.main(WebdavTest.java:235)

Thankyou
aruna

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.
Hi,

you watched for log file of the client? There is also a log file for the
the server or maybe two. These should give you more details. But if I understand
your log right, you tried to create the collection /. This will not work.
Did you map your webdav servlet to /? Usually it is mapped to /webdav.
But even if it is mapped to /, Slide will create its root collection at startup
and you can't create it ny MKCOL.
If I try to create the root collection, I get something like

Creating `/webdav': failed:
403 Forbidden: org.apache.slide.webdav.method.MkcolMethod.restrictedDestinationUri

Can you access the URL / through a normal Webbrowser?

--
Martin Holz     <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>

Softwareentwicklung / Vernetztes Studium - Chemie
FIZ CHEMIE Berlin
Franklinstrasse 11
D-10587 Berlin

Re: Webdav and mkcol method