Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com> on 2006/08/29 13:04:14 UTC

Re: svn commit: r437781 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/modules/proxy/mod_proxy_http.c

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 06:57:09PM -0000, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Author: jim
> Date: Mon Aug 28 11:57:09 2006
> New Revision: 437781

> Log:
> Merge r437768 from trunk:
>
> Minor nit: why make the logic more complex than it needs to
> be ? :)
>
> Reviewed by: jim

Why commit this stuff?  2.2.x is RTC.  Merging pointless changes like
this will screw up any future merges from earlier code on the trunk.

joe

Re: svn commit: r437781 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/modules/proxy/mod_proxy_http.c

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 09:12:02AM -0400, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Joe Orton wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 06:57:09PM -0000, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> > > Author: jim
> > > Date: Mon Aug 28 11:57:09 2006
> > > New Revision: 437781

> > > Log:
> > > Merge r437768 from trunk:
> > >
> > > Minor nit: why make the logic more complex than it needs to
> > > be ? :)
> > >
> > > Reviewed by: jim
> >
> > Why commit this stuff?  2.2.x is RTC.  Merging pointless changes like
> > this will screw up any future merges from earlier code on the trunk.
>
> Because, IMO, logical fixes, esp those in trunk should be always
> backported to 2.2 to avoid stupid divergence that would cause problems
> with future backports.

So submit the proposals and follow the RTC process.  Today's "obvious
logical fix" which bypasses the RTC process is tomorrow's "oops I typoed
it" regresssion.

joe