Posted to users@camel.apache.org by afilippov <an...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/15 15:34:07 UTC

Camel+ActiveMQ redelivery blocking story

Hi,
I have a test route starting from queue with fault thrown and redelivery
set. Could somebody explain me a strange behavior of redelivery - there are
2 routes in context with *direct* component from one to another. There are
some logs in both routes. There is an exception thrown at the end of second
route.
So my questions are:
1. Why while redelivery there are only logs from second route appears - no
logs from first route? (Although I am using
org.apache.camel.builder.NoErrorHandlerBuilder in the second route)
2. Although I am using *nonBlockingRedelivery* and *useAsyncSend* redelivery
hanged the whole queue and it is waiting while redelivery with standard
delays happens(it could be seen by observing logs - 3 messages sent in
different threads and other messages is waiting while one message is being
redelivered) - what should I change to unblock the queue while redelivery?
My test project in attach  fav-test.zip
<http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/file/n5785163/fav-test.zip>  .
Thanks in advance!

Re: Camel+ActiveMQ redelivery blocking story

Posted by afilippov <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Colleagues - still could not find solution. Is it possible to create
unblocking redelivery queue at all?

Re: Camel+ActiveMQ redelivery blocking story

Posted by afilippov <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Claus!
Not only "asyncConsumer" but a combination of flags finally helped. For
those who are interesting - project  attached
<http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/file/n5785313/fav-test.zip>  .
Could you tell me why
<log message="%%%%In simple queue: ${body}" loggingLevel="INFO"/> does not
appear while redelivery?

Re: Camel+ActiveMQ redelivery blocking story

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
See the asyncConsumer option on the jms component.
Also check AMQ it has some options for async redelivery you need to turn on.

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 5:34 PM, afilippov <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a test route starting from queue with fault thrown and redelivery
> set. Could somebody explain me a strange behavior of redelivery - there are
> 2 routes in context with *direct* component from one to another. There are
> some logs in both routes. There is an exception thrown at the end of second
> route.
> So my questions are:
> 1. Why while redelivery there are only logs from second route appears - no
> logs from first route? (Although I am using
> org.apache.camel.builder.NoErrorHandlerBuilder in the second route)
> 2. Although I am using *nonBlockingRedelivery* and *useAsyncSend* redelivery
> hanged the whole queue and it is waiting while redelivery with standard
> delays happens(it could be seen by observing logs - 3 messages sent in
> different threads and other messages is waiting while one message is being
> redelivered) - what should I change to unblock the queue while redelivery?
> My test project in attach  fav-test.zip
> <http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/file/n5785163/fav-test.zip>  .
> Thanks in advance!

Claus Ibsen