Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net> on 2003/02/20 07:08:45 UTC

Of all the guys in all the gin joints in all the ...

Howdy.  Yes, I know my name is probably "mud" for having not been around
for so long -- sorry about that.  I've toyed with how to phrase this and
how much to let you know, but I figure I have nothing to lose by coming
out and being honest.

Tomorrow morning, my wife and I will make an appearance at the
courthouse to file for a divorce.  We, despite having strong faith in
God, lost faith in (and respect for) each other.  Thus, we elected to
end our relationship and get on with life.  Neither of us were happy,
and a certain party (who will remain nameless) was "less good" than the
other about trying to make the situation better than it was.  Finally,
both parties agreed that it would be foolish to contiue fighting for
something that would never be attained (happiness, that is).

Now, just so everyone knows (and nobody has to ask):
    - it was mutual
    - we had no kids (thank God!)
    - we're both glad we are doing this

Please, I beg of you, don't write me and tell me how sorry you are.  I'm
not sorry, and neither is my wife, so you certainly shouldn't be.  Yes,
I'll have to agree that it's unfortunate we couldn't mend our
differences and continue on as better people -- people have to be
willing to change though (and care enough about effecting the change to
make a conscious effort to do better).  Obviously, someone lacked that
desire; I'll leave it to your imagination to determine for yourself who
that was.  I know some of you have wondered -- a couple have even
written me to check-up (always nice to know you're missed -- thanks
guys) -- so there is my explaination.

I'd just as soon this just be a single-message thread (in other words,
I'd prefer nobody felt the need to comment) -- I simply felt I owed
folks an explaination.

I still am not as "settled-in" as I'd like to be, so it may be a while
yet before I really start to contribute anything meaningful, but, now
that I'm back on the list, I'm going to try and work myself back into
contributing.

Later! :-)

--
Eddie Bush