Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2007/05/09 19:54:01 UTC

javadoc classpath cleanup?

i just commited what i thought was a minor fix to teh build.xml to update
the contrib list in the javadoc task .. only afterwards did i realize this
exposed some new warnings/bugs in the contrib/db javadocs, which seem to
be because the jars it dpeends on arent' being included in the
javadoc.classpath.

is there any particular reason why javadoc.classpath is defined by
enumarating the list of jars, instead of using something like...

  <!-- Javadoc classpath -->
  <path id="javadoc.classpath">
    <path refid="classpath"/>
    <pathelement location="${ant.home}/lib/ant.jar"/>

    <!-- NOTE: gdata jars only used with jdk 5 but include them even for lower jdk -->
    <fileset dir="contrib">
        <include name="**/*.jar"/>
    </fileset>
  </path>

(i know we have to enumarate all of the packagesets and groups in the
javadoc task, but there doesn't seem to be any good reason to enumerate
all the lib jars when defining the classpath)

-Hoss

Re: javadoc classpath cleanup?

Posted by Doron Cohen <DO...@il.ibm.com>.
I was just looking at the new warnings -

You're right, no reason to enumerate the jars. I thought I tried
this way and it didn't work, but yours does work, so I must have
tried it somehow wrong.

Doron