Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by prashantas <pr...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/20 08:30:39 UTC

multiValued=false is not working in Solr 6.4 in RHEL/CentOS

I am using solr6.4. In my managed-schema, I have defined my field details.
None of my fields are multiValued. If I set property multiValued=false , it
works fine in Windows, but in CentOS/RHEL, it does not accept the same and
the field still shows multiValued true in my solr admin UI. Please help me
how can I set multiValued = false  in some fields.
<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/n4346939/multiValued_CentOS.png>

Re: multiValued=false is not working in Solr 6.4 in RHEL/CentOS

Posted by "alessandro.benedetti" <a....@sease.io>.
Assuming the service solr service restart does its job, I think the only
thing I would do is to completely remove the data directory content, instead
of just running the delete query.

Bare in mind that when you delete a document in Solr, this is marked as
deleted, but it takes potentially a while until it really leaves the index (
after a successful segment merge).
This could bring to potential conflict in the data structures when documents
of different schemas are in the index.
I don't know if it is your case, but I would double check.

-----

Re: multiValued=false is not working in Solr 6.4 in RHEL/CentOS

Posted by Amrit Sarkar <sa...@gmail.com>.
By saying:

 I am just adding multiValued=false in the managed-schema file.

Are you modifying in the local filesystem "conf" or going into the core
conf directory and changing there? If you are SolrCloud, you should change
the same on Zookeeper.

Re: multiValued=false is not working in Solr 6.4 in RHEL/CentOS

Posted by prashantas <pr...@gmail.com>.
I am just adding multiValued=false in the managed-schema file.

Then deleting the complete data by running the command   curl
http://localhost:8983/solr/Schools/update?commit=true -d

Then restart the solr by "service solr restart"
And then import the csv file by executing the command      curl '
http://localhost:8983/solr/Schools/update?commit=true' --data-binary
@tbl_SCHOOLS.csv -H 'Content-type:application/csv'

Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong.

with regards,
Prashanta

--

*with regards,Prashanta*

Re: multiValued=false is not working in Solr 6.4 in RHEL/CentOS

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
The key is removing the entire data directory as in

"rm -rf solr_core/data"

with Solr down then restarting Solr. Or create a new core.

It's most probably working on Windows because the schema
was set with multiVauled=false when you indexed your first
document.

Best,
Erick

Posted by prashantas <pr...@gmail.com>.