Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2005/07/23 01:06:41 UTC

log4j 1.2.12 status

I've taken a pass through the 1.2.12 bug list (searching for log4j
bugs with the word "candidate" in a comment) and killed off the ones
that I wanted to and left the icky ones for everybody else.  I'm
going to have to work on something else for a while.

The following bugs still seem to be pending for a 1.2.12 release:

Javadoc related (14551, 17227, 18122, 30804, 30819)

Bug 26345 involves a class loader issue which I'm always hesitant to
touch.  Unless someone feels real confident that the change is
innocuous, I wouldn't feel bad letting it slip to 1.3 or a later 1.2.x.

Bug 33624, a SocketHubAppender issue, is assigned to Mark.  It
doesn't look like we have a handle on it, and it might be one to do
in the CVS HEAD and backport to a later log4j 1.2.x if there is such
a thing.

Bug 34026 involves the interpretation of ignoresThrowable on the
SyslogAppender.

Bug 31727: Appears to be Chainsaw related.

The following I don't believe should be attempted in log4j 1.2.12:

Bug 22894 involves the undesirable interpretation of Java-like escape
sequences in XML configuration files which causes Windows filepaths
to be misinterpreted.  I did a fix in log4j 1.3, but I'm not happy
with it and don't see a clean enough way to fix it in log4j 1.2 since
existing configuration files may expect the behavior.

Bug 24519 would likely require seriously reworking the
synchronization in log4j and is likely a 2.0 issue.

I think the current branch is close enough to start thinking about
working up a release candidate.

RE: log4j 1.2.12 status

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@MIT.EDU>.
Hi,
I use PuTTY all the time, including yesterday and today, without problems.
I did update to the latest PuTTY client (v0.58 IIRC) a couple of weeks ago
for an unrelated reason.  I did not have to change any settings in my PUTTY
clients to get it to use ssh v2, or anything like that.

Yoav Shapira
System Design and Management Fellow
MIT Sloan School of Management
Cambridge, MA