Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org> on 2012/01/28 03:21:57 UTC

standalone template validation

I would like to validate a template standalone.

I have a template that is giving me errors and since there is a
non-trivial build-deploy cycle to get it to run in my application I
would like a way to validate the template file itself at the command line.

I have found this:

http://code.google.com/p/velocity-validator/
but it appears to be non-functional.  When run as directed it exits
immediately telling me to supply a good log4j configuration.  I try to
supply one (but even this seems excessive for a standalone tool) to no
avail.

What is best way forward here?

Re: standalone template validation

Posted by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org>.
After having been in touch with the developer of
http://code.google.com/p/velocity-validator/, I now find this to be an
effective solution for my needs.  He has added a "verbose" mode that
will produce output when a file is valid as well as when it is invalid.
  I recommend it.

Posted by Guillaume Polet <gu...@gmail.com>.