Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Fjerstad, Jim (LNG-MBC)" <ji...@capsoft.com> on 2000/05/13 02:30:32 UTC

HTTP support in Xerces-c

I have a question about HTTP URI support in Xerces-c. To what extent is it
supported for the Win32/NT platform? I noticed that
XML_USE_NETACCESSOR_LIBWWW is not defined in the project file. So I suppose
that means it's not supported? I tried adding the define and got errors. Is
HTTP URI support for Win32 in the works?

Thanks for your help and patience with this newbie.

Jim Fjerstad
Capsoft Development

Re: HTTP support in Xerces-c

Posted by Rahul Jain <ra...@jtcsv.com>.
> If you get the most recent code (or wait for the upcoming new release),
> you'll have basic HTTP support. You'll be able to use
> XML_USE_NETACCESSOR_WIN32 (I think that's the correct value) to include a
> Wn32 specific version for Windows platforms.

The #define for socket based implementation which processes HTTP URL's is:
    XML_USE_NETACCESSOR_WINSOCK        under Windows
and
    XML_USE_NETACCESSOR_SOCKET         under various Unix's.

The MSVC project file for XercesLib under Windows by DEFAULT has the following defines:

    XML_USE_WIN32_TRANSCODER     to use native Win32 transcoding library
    XML_USE_WIN32_MSGLOADER      to use native Win32 message loader from resource files
    XML_USE_NETACCESSOR_WINSOCK  to use WinSock based NetAccessor which can support local
                                 files and HTTP URL's.

The runConfigure script, by DEFAULT configures the makefiles to define

    XML_USE_NATIVE_TRANSCODER    to use native OS supplied transcoding library
    memory based mesg loader     error messages are compiled into the library
    XML_USE_NETACCESSOR_SOCKET   native 'socket' based NetAccessor (supports files and HTTP URL's)

Please see the documentation for more details.

rahul

Re: HTTP support in Xerces-c

Posted by Dean Roddey <dr...@charmedquark.com>.
If you get the most recent code (or wait for the upcoming new release),
you'll have basic HTTP support. You'll be able to use
XML_USE_NETACCESSOR_WIN32 (I think that's the correct value) to include a
Wn32 specific version for Windows platforms.

Dean Roddey
The CIDLib Class Libraries
Charmed Quark Software
droddey@charmedquark.com