Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Philip <mr...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/16 20:46:55 UTC

Upgrading and patching

Hello All,

I'm currently trying to upgrade a hadoop 0.18.0 cluster to 0.19.  The
wrinkle is that I would like to include
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-4906 into the build as well.
Would it be easier if I downloaded trunk and applied the patch or is there a
branch that I can download with the patch already integrated and install
onto my system?

Thanks,
Philip

Re: Upgrading and patching

Posted by Brian Bockelman <bb...@cse.unl.edu>.
Hey Phil,

I'm not a expert, but it seems that it fills this in for you.  At
least, this is what my NameNode claims:

  Version: 	 0.19.1-dev, r
Compiled: 	Sat Jan 10 11:32:51 CST 2009 by root

I didn't write that in...

Brian

Re: Upgrading and patching

Posted by Philip <mr...@gmail.com>.