Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by vipul jhawar <vi...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/29 10:20:23 UTC

reporting UI

Hi

Has anyone integrated with any standalone UI to display results from kylin
queries as tables and ability to pick columns. I saw a demo for tableau
integration but having a simple web based UI to demo a POC would be a great
option and iterate faster with business.

Any recommendations for a basic interface ?

Thanks

Re: reporting UI

Posted by Julian Hyde <ju...@hydromatic.net>.
Saiku requires Mondrian - or another MDX engine, and putting another engine on Saiku would be more work.

Pentaho has a wizard where you can attach to a relational data source, quickly define a cube, and then start doing multidimensional analysis using Mondrian.

Julian

Re: reporting UI

Posted by vipul jhawar <vi...@gmail.com>.

Re: reporting UI

Posted by Julian Hyde <ju...@hydromatic.net>.

Re: reporting UI

Posted by "Han, Luke" <lu...@ebay.com>.
Zeppelin looks a good candidate to interactive with Kylin.

Best Regards!
------------------------

Luke Han | 韩卿

On 2/2/15, 5:55 PM, "Ted Dunning" <te...@gmail.com>> wrote:

It is kind of new, but what about Zeppelin?  It is just now coming into
Apache.

http://zeppelin-project.org/

Re: reporting UI

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Re: reporting UI

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.

Re: reporting UI

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.
Here you are: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-591

Let's come up the detail and scope for this idea.

Thanks.

Best Regards!

Luke Han

Re: reporting UI