Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Mamnani, Praveen K (Praveen)" <pm...@avaya.com> on 2004/04/19 21:07:56 UTC

InvocationTargetExceptionError when accesing a native library

Hello,

I am creating a web service that requires access to a native 'c' library. I have written the appropriate JNI code and tested it against a regular java app and it works fine. However, when the native library is invoked via the server side implementation of my web service I get the following error.

InvocationTargetException
at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:260)

This is the last line of the error and its' called from the stack org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke..

Is there a setting on AXIS or Tomcat to allow invocation of native libraries?

I am running my AXIS server and web services client side code on the same machine under Linux Redhat 9.0

please help.

thanks very much

Praveen