Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Lars Eilebrecht <La...@unix-ag.org> on 1998/02/07 19:24:27 UTC

RE: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/standard mod_so.c

According to pcs@hyperreal.org:

>  pcs         98/02/06 10:16:46
>
>    Modified:    src/modules/standard mod_so.c
>    Log:
>    Make LoadModule and LoadFile work correctly across restarts (i.e.
>    by unloading the loaded modules/files, then reloading when the config
>    file is read again).

Hmmm... it seems that this doesn't work on Linux.

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht                     - Swap read error.  You lose your mind.
sfx@unix-ag.org

RE: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/standard mod_so.c

Posted by Paul Sutton <pa...@c2.net>.
On Sat, 7 Feb 1998, Lars Eilebrecht wrote:
> According to pcs@hyperreal.org:
> >  pcs         98/02/06 10:16:46
> >    Modified:    src/modules/standard mod_so.c
> >    Log:
> >    Make LoadModule and LoadFile work correctly across restarts (i.e.
> >    by unloading the loaded modules/files, then reloading when the config
> >    file is read again).
>
> Hmmm... it seems that this doesn't work on Linux.

Oh, I developed it on Linux and it works for me (Linux 2.0.29, libc).
What messages from mod_so do you see when you log at debug level? During
startup you should get a "loaded module" for each LoadModule line,
followed by a bunch of "unload module"s (when the initial conf pool is
cleared), followed by the "load modules"s again. (The first set will be on
stdout, the rest in the error log).

//pcs