Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Frank Zhou <fc...@yahoo.com> on 2009/02/25 06:09:18 UTC

Bug AXIS2C-1281

Hi Shankar,

Is there any change you can fix the bug AXIS2C-1281? A few
of my customers are looking for the fix. The bug was found
in axis2/c 1.3 and it seems not fixed in 1.5.

The bug has to do with https/ssl support. It seems that
when connecting to an https site, currently a web service
client has to have the server sert even if the client does
not want to validate the server end point. I think the
default behavior should be that the client does not have to
provide anything. Here is the bug summary:
======
A web service client should be allowed to turn off
certificate validation when dealing with web service under
https/SSL
=======

Thanks!
Frank