Posted to users@maven.apache.org by hujirong <ji...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/05 16:12:01 UTC

Has anyone used unpack-dependencies to do the deployment automation?

Hi

The objective is to achieve continuous delivery in my RTC/Maven environment.
Up to now, we have a continuous build running all the time to generate and
upload the project ear files to Nexus, and a nightly build to download the
latest ear files from Nexus, and generate the final deployment unit (a zip
file contains ear and deployment scripts for different environment using
profiles).

Now I am thinking to extend the nightly build to:
1. Run the build agents on these servers on a particular environment, e.g.
SIT server.
2. The nightly build then will call the deployment script and test script
after unpack, to deploy and test the application on that environment.

Will this work? Has anyone done so?

This article describes how to use unpack:
http://www.sonatype.com/people/2008/04/how-to-share-resources-across-projects-in-maven/

Thanks
Jirong

Re: Has anyone used unpack-dependencies to do the deployment automation?

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
you guess wrong. it just likes to work with non-SNAPSHOT versions, but that
can be overriden

Posted by hujirong <ji...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Have you given a look at the ship-maven-plugin?