Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by de...@ollinca.net on 2004/05/28 04:32:27 UTC

An advice

Somebody told me that if i use the data type "bytea" for my images
in postgresql it could be very heavy in the web, does mod_perl
have a good solution for that?

Thanks

Re: An advice

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 22:32, desarrollos@ollinca.net wrote:
> Somebody told me that if i use the data type "bytea" for my images
> in postgresql it could be very heavy in the web, does mod_perl
> have a good solution for that?

If what you mean is that you plan to serve images out of your database,
then I would agree that it will be slow.  You can make it faster by
using mod_perl, but it will still be much slower than simply serving
them from the file system.  If you really have to do this, you should
look at some kind of caching approach, maybe with a proxy server.

- Perrin