Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Brian Whitman <br...@variogr.am> on 2006/12/13 01:24:02 UTC

lucene query format as plugin

Following up on a nutch-user thread from Oct 2006 [1] I am interested
to hear if there have been any movements in the area of integrating
more lucene query support into Nutch.

I am particularly interested in queries like

fieldname:(a b c) fieldname:(e f g), i.e. OR-joined field-specific
multi-term queries.

Via a query-plugin, I've added support for fieldname:a , which works
fine, but fieldname:a fieldname:b returns only the AND-joined
results. And fieldname:(a b c) seems to remove both parentheses and
colon from the query, actually submitting a search for fieldname a b
c to nutch.

Is there any way to either

(a) add full support for lucene queries via a query plugin, or
(b) add support for field queries that have multiple terms plus OR
boolean joining?

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/nutch-user@lucene.apache.org/
msg06319.html