Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org> on 2017/04/05 05:36:40 UTC

Review request for HADOOP-11875

Hi YARN and MapReduce developers,

I'm working for Java 9 support and created a patch to replace '_' with
'__' in the hamlet framework (org.apache.hadoop.yarn.webapp.hamlet) used
by YARN and MapReduce webapp. In Java 9 '_' as a one-character
identifier is banned.

In the patch, new package hamlet2 with '__' is created and the old
package is kept because downstream projects are using hamlet (e.g.
Apache Slider). And I added a setting for Java 9 not to compile the old
package.

I'll really appreciate if you will review my patch.

Regards,
Akira