Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chong Yu Meng <ch...@cymulacrum.net> on 2004/06/18 15:47:33 UTC

[ANN] : Tomcat 5 on Linux Step-By-Step

The document has been updated.

Contributions and Help:
- Andrew Clute : Building mod_jk2 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3
(resolving the 'undefined symbols: apr_md5_final ' error)
- Patricia Karsten : Eclipse + Tomcat + Tomcat Deployer
- Trevor Butler : Configuring mod_jk2 and Apache-Tomcat integration on
Mandrake
- Josh Rehman : Deploying web applications (using the context descriptor)

Changes:
- Deploying web applications : the section now describes using the
context descriptor instead of adding <Context> entries directly into the
server.xml. This revision was thanks to input from Josh Rehman.
- Warnings added for Fedora Core 2 -- users, please update to latest
kernel to avoid hangs.

Additions:
- Reverse proxy method of integrating Apache and Tomcat 5

I know that some people have been mirroring my document without asking
for my permission. I'm not going to come after you, don't worry, but I
would appreciate it if you would just ask me about it. I probably won't
say no, because I want to keep traffic on my site down to an affordable
level. But please sync with the latest document version, so I don't get
emails asking about stuff I already amended or deleted. The latest
version is always at http://cymulacrum.net (look for the Tomcat 5 link).
This document is also mirrored at
http://www.connecties.com/cymulacrum/tomcat5/book1.html (thanks go out
to Werner van Mook for his generosity! The latest version should be on
its way over to that site soon).

If this document was useful to you, please drop me an email or send me
something from my Amazon.com wish list.

Disclaimer: this document is not an official publication of the Apache
group nor any of its affiliates. This document is a compilation of
unofficial notes, and sometimes highly subjective perspectives. This
document is provided AS IS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the
implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
You use the information contained in the document AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Regards,
pascal chong