Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Da...@shell.com on 2009/04/24 13:28:52 UTC

isapi redirector question

Re: isapi redirector question

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 24.04.2009 15:26, Danny.van-denSteen@shell.com wrote:
> Tomcat is running fine (working) and IIS is running fine (working)
>
> Steps taken to install isapi redirect:
>
> ·	Go to the 'bin folder' of the Tomcat installation and add isapi_redirect-1.2.27.dll,install4iis.js
> ·	Go to the 'conf' folder of the Tomcat installation add 'workers2.properties'
> ·	Run the 'install4iis.js' file to set the necessary parameters in IIS and in the registry using the command:
> cscript install4iis.js
> NB. The registry location affected is: -
> Hklm\software\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi Redirector\2.0\
>
> Confirmed the <Default Web Site> name of the IIS web server site.
> Method
> ·	Access 'Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager'
> ·	Enter the properties of the 'actual websites name'.
> ·	Go to the tab called 'ISAPI Filters'
> ·	Click on add and set the following properties
> Property	Value
> Filter name	jakarta
> Executable	E:\Apps\Apache-Tomcat\bin\isapi_redirect-1.2.27.dll
> ·	Go to the server level in the IIS manager context menu.  Select All tasks/Restart IIS..

It seems you are mixing the installaton mod mod_jk2 with using a mod_jk
binary.

The mod_jk2 project isn't active any more since a long time. mod_jk2 is
deprecated and mod_jk contains all relevant features of mod_jk2. So it's
fine to use mod_jk, but then you also need to install it as documented at:

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/webserver_howto/iis.html

Please do also have a look at

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/iis.html

and the pages under "Generic HowTo" and "Reference Guide" for further
configuration information.

Regards,

Rainer

RE: isapi redirector question

Posted by Da...@shell.com.

=====

>> OS Windows 2003 enterprise edition x64 SP2
>> (2X dual-core ADM Opteron 2218 processor)
>> IIS6.0 x64
>> Tomcat5.5.exe version 2.0.4.0 X64
>> isapi_redirect-1.2.27.dll (via tomcat site x64)
>> Java jdk1.5.0_18 x64
>>
>> Problem description:
>> We currently have problems with setting up our web tier environment on a 64 bit windows 2003 R2 servers with AMD opteron processors.
>>

>> The web tier consists of IIS 6.0 and Tomcat 5.5 both are 64 bit versions and both are running. The problem we have is that the isapi redirector doesn> '> t start up.
>> (The Jakarta Plug-in) without this plug-in running the connection between Tomcat and IIS cannot be established.

Which steps did you do to install and configure the plug-in?

Regards,

Rainer

Re: isapi redirector question

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.