Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2006/04/24 22:59:40 UTC

RFC2965 (aka Cookie2) cookie policy

Folks,

There's been no progress made on the RFC 2965 front ever since Samit
stopped working on it. The prospects of someone else taking it over do
not look very bright. This is a pity as the RFC 2965 spec was probably
one of the easiest entry points into the project.

With HttpCore alpha1 pushed out the door I am afraid I'll have to take
this over. My plan is to be working and committing to the dedicated
Cookie2 branch and once the code is ready have someone run a code
review.

What do you think?

Oleg

Re: RFC2965 (aka Cookie2) cookie policy

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 18:02 -0600, Bindul Bhowmik wrote:
> On 4/24/06, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > There's been no progress made on the RFC 2965 front ever since Samit
> > stopped working on it. The prospects of someone else taking it over do
> > not look very bright. This is a pity as the RFC 2965 spec was probably
> > one of the easiest entry points into the project.
>
> Had a look at that, but did not want to commit as there is too much
> going on at work.
>

> > With HttpCore alpha1 pushed out the door I am afraid I'll have to take
> > this over. My plan is to be working and committing to the dedicated
> > Cookie2 branch and once the code is ready have someone run a code
> > review.
>
> If I could chip in little bits (test case patches, etc) let me know.
> Would be more than glad to contribute.

Bindul,

If you could occasionally review the code changes that would be a
massive help

Here's the URL of the Cookie2 branch:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/httpclient/branches/COOKIE_2_BRANCH

Revision of last changes made by Samit (the original author):
396992

This command will produce a diff of changes since revision 396992:
svn -r 396992:HEAD diff

Oleg

Posted by Bindul Bhowmik <bi...@gmail.com>.
On 4/24/06, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> There's been no progress made on the RFC 2965 front ever since Samit
> stopped working on it. The prospects of someone else taking it over do
> not look very bright. This is a pity as the RFC 2965 spec was probably
> one of the easiest entry points into the project.

Had a look at that, but did not want to commit as there is too much
going on at work.

> With HttpCore alpha1 pushed out the door I am afraid I'll have to take
> this over. My plan is to be working and committing to the dedicated
> Cookie2 branch and once the code is ready have someone run a code
> review.

If I could chip in little bits (test case patches, etc) let me know.
Would be more than glad to contribute.

> What do you think?
>
> Oleg

Regards,