Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Jesús Roca <xe...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/29 07:55:20 UTC

Issues with rename command of the Collections API

Hi,

I had tried to use the rename command of the collection API to rename a
SolrCloud collection but I couldn't get it to work properly.
I'm using Solr 8.11.2 and when I try to rename a collection called "test"
to "test-new" with the following command:

http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=RENAME&name=test&target=test-new
it creates an alias called "test" pointing to a collection "test-new"
(which doesn't exists).

Then, if I use for example the following queries:
    http://localhost:8983/solr/test/select?q=*%3A*
    http://localhost:8983/solr/test-new/select?q=*%3A*
I receive the message "HTTP ERROR 404 Not Found" in both cases.

And then, if I delete the alias "test" created by the previous rename
command I can query the collection with the original name again with:
http://localhost:8983/solr/test/select?q=*%3A*

Has anyone used this command?

Thanks in advance.