Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Nielsen, Anders Rolann" <an...@wmdata.com> on 2000/06/15 09:01:48 UTC

Using quot!

Hello!

I have a problem I don't know how to solve.
If I have an xml-input file like:
	<A>This is a "test"</A>
and I want to transform this into the HTML-tag INPUT where the content of
<A> must go into the attribut named value, I loose the "test". I have tried
to use &quot; but still it converts tis into " before the HTML document is
created.

Is this a bug or is there a solution to the problem.

Regards
Anders Rolann

Re: Using quot!

Posted by Brian Hüttner <ti...@Informatik.Uni-Bremen.DE>.
Hello,

don't know if this is what you want. But try this files:

-----------------XML--------------------

<A>This is a "test"</A>
-----------------/XML-------------------
-----------------XSL--------------------
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
  <xsl:output method="html" />
  <xsl:template match="A">
        <INPUT>
    		<xsl:attribute name="value">
			<xsl:value-of select="text()"/>
		</xsl:attribute>
	</INPUT>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>
-----------------/XSL--------------------

I think you forget to set the appropriate output
method to html.

bsw the output looks like this:
<INPUT value="This is a &quot;test&quot;">

Best regards
Brian

"Nielsen, Anders Rolann" schrieb:

> Hello!
>
> I have a problem I don't know how to solve.
> If I have an xml-input file like:
>         <A>This is a "test"</A>
> and I want to transform this into the HTML-tag INPUT where the content of
> <A> must go into the attribut named value, I loose the "test". I have tried
> to use &quot; but still it converts tis into " before the HTML document is
> created.
>
> Is this a bug or is there a solution to the problem.
>
> Regards
> Anders Rolann

| Brian Hüttner                   University of Bremen   |
| tim@informatik.uni-bremen.de    FB3 - Computer Science |