Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Peter Becker <pe...@peterbecker.de> on 2004/04/13 21:26:44 UTC

ANN: Docco 0.3

Hello,

we released Docco 0.3 along with two updates for its plugins.

Docco is a personal document retrieval tool based on Apache's Lucene
indexing engine and Formal Concept Analysis. It allows you to create an
index for files on your file system which you can then search for
keywords. It can index plain text, HTML, XML and OpenOffice files and
with the support of plugins others like PDF, DOC and XLS.

This new version of Docco features a number of small enhancements: the
diagram layout can be changed, printing and graphic export options have
been added and some plugins have been updated.

The new POI plugin should be able to index MS Word documents again (the
old one broke with recent Java versions), the PDFbox plugin gets all the
recent updates from the PDFbox project. Old plugins will still continue
to work, though.

You can find the updated files here:

Note that you can now also use the export plugins to add more graphic
export options.

Enjoy!
  Peter

Re: ANN: Docco 0.3

Posted by Peter Becker <pe...@peterbecker.de>.
The underlying assumption was that File.isDirectory() does return false
on symlinks, but we never tested under UNIX or Linux and JavaDoc is not
very explicit about this (as so often). If that is wrong, can someone
mail me some hint how to do it properly? I assume it involves
getCanonicalPath() but the details might be tricky :-)

  Peter

Re: ANN: Docco 0.3

Posted by Stephane James Vaucher <va...@cirano.qc.ca>.